Five Energy Saving Tips For Winter
As winter and cooler approaches, we are all preparing to spend more time indoors. It is important to keep our homes warm and cozy, but did you know that there are ways you can save energy while heating your home this winter? Our team here at Same Day Heating, Cooling, Plumbing has you set with 5 energy saving tips for winter! Read through our guide below to find out how you can stay warm this winter, while saving money and energy at the same time!
Best Ways to Save Energy
It is important not only for your wallet, but also the environment. Saving energy this winter is advantageous all around! So, what are the best ways that you can save energy, and in turn, save money this winter? Some of these tips are much more common than you may think!
- Adjust your thermostat settings. While it may seem like a simple solution, adjusting your thermostat during times when you are not home is an easy way to save energy throughout the winter season. Lower the thermostat or turn off the heat when you are not home or when you are sleeping and raise it back up during the day when you are home. It may even be ideal to invest in a smart thermostat so you can adjust all of your settings on the go, or even set them on a timer.
- Seal gaps and leaks. Take some time to seal and cracks or gaps in your windows and foundation of your home. Letting air out of the house significantly cuts back on the efficiency of your heater and causes energy usage to spike.
- Use curtains and blinds efficiently. Even though it is getting darker earlier and earlier, you can still take advantage of the natural sunlight throughout the day. While it may not seem like a lot, keeping your blinds open can let in more heat from the sun, and closing them at night can prevent heat from escaping your home.
- Turn on your ceiling fans. While it may seem counterintuitive, ceiling fans can actually be a big help in the winter. Set the fan to rotate clockwise at a low speed and you should feel the warm air distributed more efficiently throughout your room!
- Regularly maintain your HVAC systems. During the colder months, it is important to keep your HVAC system tuned up and well maintained. This will ensure that your system is clean and running efficiently, which in turn will save you energy and money! Call Same Day Heating, Cooling, Plumbing for fast, reliable tune-ups here in San Diego.
Overall, the best way to save money and energy this winter is to watch what you are using and use it more efficiently. If you follow the energy saving tips in this guide, you will be sure to save energy this winter season.
For more HVAC tips and tricks, visit Same Day Heating, Cooling, Plumbing! We have a team of certified experts that are around 24/7 to help you with whatever HVAC or Plumbing problems you may have!