Five Common Reasons of Furnace Breakdowns
Do you ever find yourself feeling incredibly hot as you sit at home? You’ve been checking the thermostat and just cannot figure out what is wrong. It may be time to check if your furnace is broken down. Do you know what some of the common reasons of furnace breakdowns are? If you don’t, then you might not know what to check for. Follow our guide below to find out some of the most common reasons for furnace breakdowns!
Why Is My Furnace Broken Down?
There are many reasons your furnace might be broken. From your thermostat to the way it was installed, we are going to walk you through what the different problems might be.
- Defective Thermostat
- Your thermostat is used to automatically adjust the temperature in your house based on what the current temperature in your home is. If you have a deficient thermostat, it may not be able to properly read the room, and not tell your thermostat when to kick on. Essentially, a broken-down furnace could be the result of a defective thermostat. Be sure to check the batteries in your thermostat to see if that is the problem.
- Buildup on The Furnace
- A furnace’s blower wheel often picks up dirt and debris, slowing it down and harming the furnace itself. This could eventually cause your furnace to break down completely, while also slowing it down progressively along the way. Be sure to periodically get the blower wheel cleaned.
- Your Vents Might Be Clogged
- Like we said above, if your furnace isn’t working it might not necessarily be because of the furnace itself. You might not be feeling heat from the furnace because of something clogging your vents. Whether it is dust or debris, or sometimes even animals, a clogged vent can cause your furnace to overheat and break down. Be sure to have your vents cleaned by an HVAC professional regularly.
- Your Furnace is Getting Old
- The age of your unit can cause your furnace to break down. The older it gets, the more likely it is to break down. If your system is over 15 years old, it may be time to think about getting a replacement.
- Lack of Tune Ups
- If you fail to get your annual tune up, or get maintenance regularly done on your furnace, it is more likely to breakdown. Luckily Same Day offers $39 furnace tune ups. We also offer our yearly membership plan, click here to learn more!
Overall, your furnace is probably broken down because of one of these five common reasons. Same Day is here to help! With our furnace replacements, repairs, and tune ups, you can breathe easy knowing that your furnace is receiving the proper care. If you have any questions on your furnace, or HVAC issues in general, be sure to give us a call! One of our certified HVAC professionals is always happy to help with any problem that you may have!