5 Benefits of Proper HVAC Insulation
Have you ever noticed high energy bills or fluctuating temperatures in your home? When was the last time you checked in on your HVAC insulation? The truth is many people never get their home re-insulated and could be dealing with many associated problems. Having your home properly insulated can fix these problems and offer some great benefits! Read through our guide below to find out what insulation is, and five great benefits of HVAC insulation!
How Does Insulation Work?
To put it simply, insulation provides resistance to the flow of heat in your home. Most common forms of insulation, including radiant barriers, reflective systems, and foam, all work by slowing the flow of heat through the home or by reducing radiant heat gain. Essentially, insulation uses different materials to regulate the temperature within your home. So, what are the benefits of proper insulation? Keep reading below to find out!
Benefits of HVAC Insulation
While they may not be apparent at first, proper insulation will prove to show great benefits over time. Some of those benefits include:
- Energy Saving – Many homeowners lose heat or AC from circulation because their HVAC system has not been properly insulated. Not only does this waste energy and efficiency in your home, but it also wastes money! If you notice higher than usual energy bills, improper insulation could be a reason why.
- Saving the Environment – By properly insulating your home, you are helping the environment! Insulation allows you to use less energy, and in turn, conserves non-renewable resources. You are also not emitting as many gases when you insulate your home! It’s a win-win for your wallet and the environment!
- Increased Comfort at Home – Noticing different temperatures in different parts of your home can be a sign of poor insulation. If you are too hot in one room and then too cold in the next, it is time to get your insulation looked at. With proper insulation, you can sit back and relax knowing that you will be comfortable in all parts of your home.
- Protection of Your HVAC System – Your home’s HVAC system is an investment. An investment in your comfort as well as in the value of your home (which we will touch on below). If you are not using proper insulation, you run the risk of damaging your system, and not letting it run as smoothly as it can. Not only that, but your system’s lifespan is significantly decreased when you don’t have proper insulation. Insulation can fix all this and help your system run for as long as possible!
- Increase Home Value – Better insulation leads to better-working HVAC systems, and the better your HVAC system runs, the more resale value your home has. Keeping your home properly insulated can affect multiple aspects of the home, and makes not only your life easier, but the lives of the next people to live there easier too. The easier you can make their life, the more you can get if you ever decide that it is time to sell.
Some other benefits include noise reduction and better indoor air quality! If you notice any problems with your HVAC system, you may want to check out the insulation. Same Day is here to help no matter what HVAC issues you may have! Visit us today!